Friday, January 16, 2009

princess brat - thats a polite choice of words......

I was at the most popular walmart in Redmond today,,,,ha,,,,(the only walmart--and Joey, ruthie, and I were chillin down the aisle when I see this really cute blonde little girl who was about 5 maybe 6 yrs old. She had this adorable princess costume on. I stop my cart and I said, "Oh my gosh you're princess outfit is soo cute!) she then looked at me, stuck out her tongue and said "mmmwwwhhaaaa!!" and had a sassy mean look on her face. Her mother watched the whole thing and then said, "honey, don't do that" in a kinda I don't really care that my child just did that voice. I was in total shock. did that child really just do that! ???
I walked away and thought, "have we lost our parental minds"!!!!??? I know I'm not a perfect mom, and kids do that stuff. But, my feelings were actually hurt. maybe the hormones are still floating around--I think the mom should have said sorry to me. Should I have approached her? What would our kids be like if we would let things like that subside?

On a cuter note, Joey is so into saying "THanks" after every tiny little thing. I almost thought it was getting slightly annoying--but now I am so proud and thankful!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. What a little stinker! I would be horrified if Aspen did that!!!

    Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

My photo
Redmond, Oregon, United States
My break-through journal