Thursday, January 29, 2009

confessions of a party lover

I believe God created me to love people, love music, love dancing,love cocktails, and especially love all of these combined.
Today, when I was in my car, I was blasting.. (no kids in the car, I can go deaf right?) "Lady Ga Ga" she says in her song, "Just dance! everything will be okay" I was lovin it! It got me thinking of the wild crazy girl that is apart of me.
In highschool I always found it thrilling to go cliff jumping, clubbing, and anything borderline dangerous. I wouldn't say I always "struggled spiritually" as some really thought, but I explored things. My thoughts, my personal boundaries, what did God want with me? etc. Some people thought I was a typical "party girl", but the funny thing was I balled my eyes out the first time I made out with a guy. How "off track" was I? People are stupid. Yes, I am too at times....(sarcastic tone)
College came along and I had to sign a "spiritual contract" saying that I would not smoke, drink, etc. when I was there. It was the only college I wanted to go to (okay. I admit, the only one I got into actually!) I went along with it for like, 2 months, and then I didn't stick to it. My parents tought me something different, so I felt like I was on a balance beam of rights and wrongs. I didn't do those things all the time, but there were times I believed it was okay. MY bf and I would smoke when we felt like we were "too righteous", I would smoke "Black and milds" (gross I know) with my best guy friend driving home so we would stay awake for 5 hours. I drank when I was home with my family. My brother was studying to be a bartender at one point, I was supportive and tried like, all of his drinks!! I was pretty gone-but if you know my family that was one of the greatest, most fun times ever! The look on my dads face when he saw me smoking a cigarette and pretty gone, hanging out with my brother Kev, and me saying "Dad! you aren't supposed to see me like this!!" and then laughing, is one of the moments of my life I will never forget. My other brother, Brian, and I first bonded when he took me to his college and got me drunk for the first time. It is really funny and awkward looking back. But, 10 years later we still laugh about it. I wouldn't take it back. I dunno, God is good, God is so cool.
Now, me as a mom. I am crazy at times. My b-friend dared me to go to "Claires", in Bend ,(that kids boutique who has jewelry and ear pearcings) and ask them if they do nipple pearcings. It was easy for me. We laughed so hard. Man, I miss her~ ha ha ...we have done some crazy things, way beyond crazy!! and God gave her to me to experience those crazy things----cause he KNOWs me. She was born Oct 9, my same b-day. Her husband, Ryan, has the same b-day as Brian, May 22. In college, we were one. I could cry thinking about being apart. I have cried so much about it, I think I have somewhat accepted it. I dunno. I trust God has a plan.
Brian said when we were dating that when I was the age of "32" I would still be the most sexiest, most fun woman alive. I didn't believe him when I was 21, but now I'm wondering if he will be right~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

My photo
Redmond, Oregon, United States
My break-through journal