Tuesday, January 27, 2009

late night special....


I figured I would post a little picture on tonight's topic, Joey. The reason for the bath photo is to let you know that Joey no longer sees bubbles as bubbles. He likes the bubbles to be snow. He loves talking about it. He often pretends hes in winter wonderland. We are totally all about it until we hear gushes of water pouring all over the floor which often ends with the usual "Joey I told you water stays in the tub GEEEEZ- oh -FLIIIIPPP!!" I have noticed nothing has changed with this occurrence, only our voices getting louder and deeper each time.

Anyways, we all love bathroom humor right? Well, actually I'm not getting into that. I'm actually getting into the bedroom..............not what you might be thinking though. ha!

Towards the end of my pregnancy Joey would often come to sleep in our bed in the wee hours of the morning. I let it slide. I am very protective of Joey's emotions and I wanted him to feel comfortable with the transition. Brian agreed. I thought Jo was like a cute dog. They often know when a mother is about to give birth. I dunno really, it just felt ok. Well, I was right...... I think. After Ruthie he didn't come to our room. In fact he slept in a lot too.

That was until about 2 weeks ago. Just when I thought we were "smooth sailing".... there he is every night standing there sucking on his stinky blankie in his mouth waiting for me to realize his helpless presence. I suddenly feel him there. Half asleep, I swing him over between Brian and I, tuck him in and hope I fall back asleep before #2 wakes up. It sounds so sweet and cute now, but even as I type this my neck hurts and I try and pop it like, every 5 minutes or something. You see, Joey is the worst person to sleep with . What 3 1/2 yr old isn't right? He kicks me. He does this mouth thing that could wake up just about anyone including my dad who could out snore just about anyone! I grabbed his leg the other night and held it firm and I said, "Joey QUIT kicking me!!!" It was then I realized, we have a problem. Brian and I hug the very edge of the bed and I usually try and share a pillow with Joey, and here is Joey, in his version of sleep heaven and by the way what in the world are we putting up with?
I'm "proactively" trying to figure out a game plan now, but your advice would help.

Do you realize I spent 150$ on a perfectly adorable fire truck bed for jo that I love so much I actually was considering spray painting it pink and making it ruthies someday? I mean, I would have great sleep in his bed! It even has this built in night light thing. It is the perfect bed. When my mom came to visit she stuffed her little body in it and took a snoozer. That is a funny mental pic. Anyways, the night is upon me, wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I sure remember those days. I too thought I would never, ever get a good night sleep again. But- the sleeping through the night does happen and trust me those nights and waking up to sweet babies will be a distant memory. I know this doesn't help with the problem now. Honestly, I don't have the best advise except to get up and put him back to bed. Seriously, though, who feels like doing that half asleep. You could always try to wake the sleeping hubby but if he's like mine nothing can wake him. I hope there are others who can give you better advise. I think I heard Amanda say she made a bed on the floor for them when her kids did that. She'd be a good one to talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I have no GREAT advice for you, considering that a King sized bed only means that three boys fit in ours...but this is what I'm trying. "If you stay in your bed ALL night, you get a sticker...if you get x amount of stickers, you get a toy from the dollar store. (they LOVE the dollar store)"

    And, Kristin is right, we have had a "nest" on the floor, a nest of blankets and pillows. If a little one comes in they can sleep there, or back in their bed. Um, we aren't doing this b/c I got tired of the nest. I guess I should put it back though b/c my back hurts. YOU KNOW WHY!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

My photo
Redmond, Oregon, United States
My break-through journal