Monday, January 26, 2009

Manolo and Me

One thing I love about the "Carrie Bradshaw" character from my fav show, "Sex and the City", is her obsession with very expensive shoes. The fact that she loves designer shoes and lives pay check to pay check comforts me in my own weaknesses. (ps. I should note, the writers base the show on real women and their own experiences) My weakness isn't designer shoes like, 450$ Manolo's, but I have my weaknesses for sure. Uggs for example. I begged Brian for a pair of Uggs this Christmas. He generously made this happen for me. I was so thrilled!! Upon recieving them I loved them so much I begged him for another pair. "But , Brian, I will sell things on Craigs list and Ebay I promise!" I don't always have to ask Brian for purchases, but the ones I feel guilty, shameful about I ask. I know this could look like pure manipulation, well, it is actually. I'm working on it. Brian has a quiet soul with me, and usually my intentions grow pure somewhere down the road. Most of the time when I don't realize it. So, while I'm in transition, I will love my Uggs, try and live content with what I have, and sell things like I promised.

BTW, today I saw "Marley and Me". I loved it. I cried, and laughed all by myself in the theater. awesome :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your honesty.

    ...and I've totally been wanting to see that movie!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

My photo
Redmond, Oregon, United States
My break-through journal