Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mind Barf. Thats kinda gross.

I have lots on my mind and I can't seem to pick what I want to talk about.
uuuhhhhhh, Okay, I want to remember this story, so I will go with something that will make me smile. As some of you know Brian works late at tmobile. He usually gets home by 10 and while he is wired I'm usually on the verge of passing out wherever I have landed myself in our house that evening. After he eats he usually follows me to our bedroom and starts rubbing my feet (I have to brag, he has done this since I was pregnant with Joey. He is quite good at it too!) I try and listen to his day with out passing out--but this particular night for some reason I was willing to have a long convo. We started talking, kinda being playful, and then we started talking about who out of his friends I would be a good match for , and who out of my friends he would be a good match for. While, it took him forever to find someone for ME, it was quite easy for me to figure someone out for HIM. I didn't realize I was that annoyed by our conversation until I named that person and he said, "Yeah, I could have married "blank" if I hadn't married you" Our playful conversation went to crap. I was like "geez Brian, what happened to the romantic idea that I was the one" ? He tried to reason with me. He said something like,
" Tiff, c'mon, thats not fair, blah blah blah" Honestly, I lost myself in my head way before that. My eyes felt like they had 20 p0und weights on them. I was soooo tired. I was a little hurt I think, but whatever, we are married, God wanted it, goodnight.

I made a rule when I was pregnant, no talking to me passed 9 pm. Clearly, I need to come up with a new rule. No "spouse matching talk" late at night or something like that. haha
Marriage is funny, and God has a sense of humor. I don't think I could survive this earth without humor.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Tiff, Michael and I have also had this convo a long time ago and it went sour too. I learned to never bring up the what if convo. Whether it is who would be a good match to would you remarry if I died convo. I usually think it's a great convo at the beginning and then really regret it. Thanks for sharing so openly and you know what... Brian is the only one for you and you for him. That's the awesome ending for that kind of convo. I love you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive

My photo
Redmond, Oregon, United States
My break-through journal